Austin Air HealthMate Plus Jr. HM250 Air Purifier - Midnight Blue
Like the Austin Air HealthMate Series, the Austin Air Healthmate Plus and Healthmate Plus Jr. HEPA Air Purifiers give you reliable protection against a variety of airborne contaminants, from common household allergens to smoke and chemical odors. The HealthMate Plus, however, features a more absorbent activated carbon filter bed to combat heavier chemical odors, including formaldehyde. Classified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a "probable human carcinogen"—formaldehyde exposure causes irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat and may aggravate existing respiratory conditions. The HealthMate Plus absorbs and contains formaldehyde odors along with symptom-triggering allergens and other airborne odors.
The Austin HealthMate Plus and HealthMate Plus Jr.:
- Are ideal for allergy- and asthma-sufferers as well as those with multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS) and who are particularly sensitive to formaldehyde
- Trap 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns and 95% of particles that measure 0.1 micron and smaller
- Remove dust, pollen, tobacco smoke, chemical vapors, gases, viruses, bacteria, and more
- Generally require a filter replacement only once every 5 years
- Need minimal routine maintenance
Multi-Stage Air Filtration
HealthMate Plus air purifiers uses Austin Air's signature 360-degree progressive filtering system to remove the most symptom-aggravating allergens, odors, and chemicals from your home. With steady use, you may see a reduction in your allergy, asthma, and MCS symptoms or even eliminate them all together.
Every minute, the system pulls in room air from all sides of the air cleaner. Air passes through a 4-stage HEPA/carbon combination filter and is blown back out into your room using the Clean Air Pocket vent. This extensive filtration system cleans your air faster and more efficiently than conventional air purifiers, which means quicker relief from your symptoms.
The HealthMate Plus and Plus Jr. Air Cleaner 4-stage combination filter includes:
- PERMAFILT Pre-Filter - During stage 1, air passes through a cotton PERMAFILT pre-filter, which captures particles easily seen by the naked eye, such as large dust and pet dander particles.
- Medium Particle Filter - Next, a medium particle filter traps small- to medium-size allergens, such as mold, pollen, and dust mites.
- Carbon Blend Filter – Next, air moves through a 15-pound activated carbon filter infused with natural zeolite and potassium iodide where heavy odors, chemicals, gases, fumes, and VOCs are absorbed and locked away.
- Medical-Grade HEPA Filter - Lastly, air glides through 60 square feet of true medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) material where it is scrubbed free of harmful bacteria and viruses as well as smaller pollen, mold, pet dander, dust, and ragweed particles.
Overall, this long-lasting combination filter eliminates 99.97% of airborne pollutants that are 0.3 microns and larger, 95% of particles that measure 0.1 micron and smaller, and more than 3,000 types of toxic gases and odors. You'll rest easy knowing that you and your family are breathing the cleanest air possible.
Austin Air HealthMate Plus vs. HealthMate Plus Jr.
The Austin Air HealthMate Plus comes in two convenient sizes. The standard-sized HM450 HealthMate Plus has a max fan speed of 400 CFM to clean rooms up to 1500 square feet. The HM250 HealthMate Plus Jr. uses 200 CFM to clean rooms up to 700 square feet.
Sturdy, Efficient Construction
Made in the USA, Austin Air HealthMate Plus HEPA Air Purifiers are constructed with sturdy, long-lasting components that boost efficiency and energy savings. These include an energy-efficient Permanent-Split Capacitor (PSC) motor, a powerful centrifugal fan, and an all-steel outer body. The long-life PSC motor is rated for continuous use at high RPMs and is mounted on shock absorbers to minimize noise. When running, the Healthmate Plus motor draws less current and reduces your operating costs by 50% when compared to other air purifiers.
- Easy Controls - Choose from 3 purification speeds using the simple manual knob control.
- Smooth-Roll Casters - Casters come standard with the HealthMate Plus, and are an optional accessory for the HealthMate Plus Jr.
- Independently Tested - Like all Austin Air Purifiers, the HealthMate Plus has been independently tested for filtration effectiveness by third-party and U.S. government labs.
- Easy Filter Changes - Just remove the bottom cover of the air purifier to access the old filter and drop a new one in.
The Austin Air HealthMate Plus and HealthMate Plus Jr. help reduce your chronic allergy, asthma, and MCS symptoms, creating a healthier environment for you and your family. In the Austin Air series, this model is the best choice for removing harmful airborne formaldehyde.
What Customers Love
- Easy to Use - No complicated control panels, the HealthMate Plus includes 1 manual knob control to adjust your fan speed and turn the unit on and off.
- Long-Life Filter - The combination HEPA/carbon filter needs to be replaced only once every 5 years under typical use to help save you money on costly filter replacements.
Things to Consider
- Odor Control - Consider if you need a higher level of odor control. The upgraded Austin Air Bedroom Machine uses a carbon cloth filter in addition to the 15-pound carbon/zeolite filter for extra protection against odors.
To ensure your shopping satisfaction, a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee on all products and a no-hassle return process.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
As stated in our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, if you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return the product to us within 30 days and, upon approval, we will process your refund. The only cost you will incur is the cost of shipping your purchase back to us. To act on our guarantee policy, simply follow these steps:
Login to our Customer Service Center and complete a return request within 30 days of your purchase or call Sylvane at 1-800-934-9194 to get a return authorization (RA) number.
Once you secure a return authorization number, you will receive instructions for shipping the product back to us. You are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
Send your product back within 2 weeks of receiving your return authorization number. The shipment must be postmarked within this time frame.
Upon receiving the product, we will inspect it to ensure that it is in good condition for resale, approve the return(s), and process your refund.
If you are not satisfied with your product and want to exchange it for a different one, please contact a Sylvane customer service representative by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your information is received and the exchange approved, we will send you an e-mail with an authorization number and complete instructions for your exchange.
Policy Details and Exclusions
All products must be returned undamaged with all original manuals, registration cards, accessories, boxes, outer cartons and packing materials. If a product is returned damaged or with missing items, we reserve the right to assess a restocking fee up to the full value of the purchase, depending on the items damaged or missing. Returns will not be accepted without a return authorization (RA) number. Once a return has been authorized and return instructions provided to the customer, the items must be returned postmarked within 2 weeks. Special freight deliveries (those items not delivered via UPS or FedEx) must be visually inspected at the time of delivery and any damage noted on the signed bill of lading or the delivery should be refused.
Additional shipping charges due to customer special delivery requests (next-day delivery, international delivery, etc.) are not refundable. The first day of the 30-day return period is the day the customer receives item(s). If a delivery is refused or undelivered to the address that is provided, the customer will be charged actual shipping and brokerage charges incurred on both outbound and return shipment.
For items purchased with discounts or promotions, the refunded value for each returned item will be reduced to reflect the value of any free gift or discount included with your purchase. If included gifts are returned in concurrence with our return policy, the full amount of purchase will be refunded.
Please contact Sylvane with any questions you have about our return and exchange policies. We are more than happy to assist you.
Holiday Return/Exchange Policy
The holidays can be hectic. That’s why we're extending our return and exchange period for purchases you make at Sylvane during the holiday season. All purchases made between November 15th and December 25th may be returned by January 10th or 30 days after your date of purchase – whichever is later.
Want to make sure your item is shipped and received by Christmas? Review our shipping information.