My Mold Detective Mold Test Pump Kit
The My Mold Detective Mold Test Kit is the first-of-its kind do-it-yourself product that provides accurate third-party laboratory diagnosis of the indoor air quality of your space. Using testing methodology and technology of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) professional indoor environmentalists, this easy-to-use system utilizes an air sampling pump, spore trap cassettes similar to professional-grade tools and surface sample testing. Fast, affordable, reliable and accurate results are provided to you by the nationally accredited laboratory as well as suggestions for additional services, if test results justify additional steps.
Why Test for Mold?
Molds are forms of fungi that naturally occur in the environment and are often invisible to the naked eye. Indoors, mold spores float in the air and settle on every surface. When the spores land on a damp spot, they may begin to grow and colonize. More than half of all causes of elevated mold concentrations are caused by water damage taking longer than 48 hours to dry or humidity levels inside a property that are greater than 55 percent. Inhaling mold spores can trigger both allergies and asthma in sensitive people. Also, excessive amounts of mold can cause widespread property damage.
Patented Air Sampling Pump
My Mold Detective utilizes an air sampling pump to collect an air sample, picking up all molds - even lighter spores not readily attracted to petri dish sampling methods. These petri dish methods only collect samples of heavy or large mold spores that actually land on the settling plate or petri dish. Professionals note that the only way to obtain accurate results and know if your space has an elevated mold condition is to take an air sample and test it against the air outside. The My Mold Detective's Air Sampling Pump allows the consumer to easily obtain air samples providing the most accurate assessment of mold presence in the most affordable way.
Quick and Easy Three-Step Process
- Take Indoor Air and Surface Sample(s) - For accurate testing results, first conduct an air sample outside to serve as the "control" or baseline sample. Just insert the opened cassette on the air sample inlet tray of the Air Sampling Pump, push the green button on the pump, and the the pump will take a 5-minute air sample and turn off automatically. Reseal the cassette, and repeat the process for the indoor rooms. For surface sampling, press the tacky surface of the Tape Lift onto the surface you want to sample, close the tape onto the white backer, and enclose in the prepaid, self-addressed envelope.
- Register Online - Once you've taken air and surface samples, log onto www.MyMoldDetective.com to complete the registration and register your samples. Follow the instructions given and finalize the process by paying for the lab analysis. Lab analysis is $35 per sample for regular 3-day processing and $50 per sample for 24-hour express service. Write the confirmation number given on the front of the included prepaid, self-addressed envelope.
- Mail Samples - Insert your Air Sample Cassettes and Tape Lifts into the prepaid, self-addressed envelope and place them in the mail.
Online-Lab Report and Support Network
Once your samples are received and tested by a third-party American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) accredited lab, a customized easy-to-read lab report will be available to you online. My Mold Detective will notify you through email once your lab report is ready. The report will tell you if your mold levels are "Normal", "Slightly Elevated", or "Elevated". If levels are elevated, My Mold Detective gives property owners the opportunity to contact its help line to discuss recommendations for next steps which may include recommended additional professional testing and contact information of pre-approved remediation companies.
The My Mold Detective Mold Test Kit is an easy-to-use professional-grade mold test kit for the homeowner.
What Customers Love
- Quick and Easy 3-Step Process - Easily collect air samples, register samples online and mail samples to the nationally accredited lab in the included pre-paid, self-addressed envelope.
- Help Line - Access to certified IAQ Consultants who guide you through the testing process and lab analysis and provide you with further recommendations and steps if a more comprehensive assessment is required.
Things To Consider
- 1, 3 and 5-Room Kits - The My Mold Detective Test Kit comes in a 1-Room, 3-Room or 5-Room Kit. Each kit comes with one patented Air Sampling Pump, Tape Lifts, 1 Outdoor Air Cassette and either 1, 3 or 5 Indoor Air Cassettes, depending on the kit purchased.
- Lab Fees - Lab Fees are $35 per sample for a standard lab analysis turn around time of 3 business days from when the lab receives the samples or $50 per sample for 24-hour express service.
To ensure your shopping satisfaction, a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee on all products and a no-hassle return process.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
As stated in our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, if you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return the product to us within 30 days and, upon approval, we will process your refund. The only cost you will incur is the cost of shipping your purchase back to us. To act on our guarantee policy, simply follow these steps:
Login to our Customer Service Center and complete a return request within 30 days of your purchase or call us at 1-800-934-9194 to get a return authorization (RA) number.
Once you secure a return authorization number, you will receive instructions for shipping the product back to us. You are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
Send your product back to us within 2 weeks of receiving your return authorization number. The shipment must be postmarked within this timeframe.
Upon receiving the product, we will inspect it to ensure that it is in good condition for resale, approve the return(s), and process your refund.
If you are not satisfied with your product and want to exchange it for a different one, please contact a Sylvane customer service representative by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your information is received and the exchange approved, we will send you an e-mail with an authorization number and complete instructions for your exchange.
Policy Details and Exclusions
All products must be returned undamaged with all original manuals, registration cards, accessories, boxes, outer cartons and packing materials. If a product is returned damaged or with missing items, we reserve the right to assess a restocking fee up to the full value of the purchase, depending on the items damaged or missing. Returns will not be accepted without a return authorization (RA) number. Once a return has been authorized and return instructions provided to the customer, the items must be returned postmarked within 2 weeks. Special freight deliveries (those items not delivered via UPS or FedEx) must be visually inspected at the time of delivery and any damage noted on the signed bill of lading or the delivery should be refused.
Additional shipping charges due to customer special delivery requests (next-day delivery, international delivery, etc.) are not refundable. The first day of the 30-day return period is the day the customer receives item(s). If a delivery is refused or undeliverable to the address that is provided, the customer will be charged actual shipping and brokerage charges incurred on both outbound and return shipment.
For items purchased with discounts or promotions, the refunded value for each returned item will be reduced to reflect the value of any free gift or discount included with your purchase. If included gifts are returned in concurrence with our return policy, the full amount of purchase will be refunded.
Please contact us with any questions you have about our return and exchange policies. We are more than happy to assist you.
Holiday Return/Exchange Policy
We know the holidays can be hectic. That’s why we’re extending our return and exchange period for purchases you make at Sylvane during the holiday season. All purchases made between November 15th and December 25th may be returned by January 10th or 30 days after your date of purchase – whichever is later.
Want to make sure your item is shipped and received by Christmas? Review our shipping information.